Easy Besan Khandvi
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19912 times
Khandvi is a simple low cal and nutritious gujarati snack recipe which is prepared by mixing the chana dal flour with buttermilk. This dal batter is then steamed, rolled up and served with a tempering of mustard seeds and grated coconut and enjoyed with green chutney.
- Grease the back of a few thalis or any smooth surface and keep aside.
- Combine the besan, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and turmeric powder in a deep pan and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Cook this mixture till it thickens.
- Remove from the flame and spread the batter over the greased thali as thin as possible, while the mixture is hot. Keep aside.
- Cut into thin strips and gently roll into small cylindrical.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard and the sesame seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this to the the khandvi.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut.
This recipe was contributed by devindra on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.