Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12405 times
Best served with hot steamy rice. A delicious calcium loaded rasam.
- In a deep bowl, add the boiled water of toovar dal and boiled drumsticks and add the tamrind, salt, turmeric and jaggery and mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the rasam powder, mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and saute for 5 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and pour this tempering to the rasam and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#449542 on 30 Sep 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.