by Tarla Dalal
Added to 319 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36946 times
This Dieter’s Pizza could be just what you were waiting for. Just as mouth-wateringly delicious as any other pizza , but with less than half the usual calories, this recipe replaces cheese with low-fat cream cheese made using low-fat paneer and milk.
While the whole wheat pizza base gives you a fibre boost, the use of appropriate veggies like zucchini and coloured capsicum retains the authentic feel at a low-cal count.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the zucchini, capsicum, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them. Blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the pizza sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 whole wheat pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the pizza sauce evenly over each pizza base.
- Arrange a portion of the topping evenly over each pizza base
- Finally, spread 2 tbsp of the low-fat cream cheese evenly over each pizza base.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 2 more pizzas.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.