by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45408 times
While the dhokla subzi is a brilliant accompaniment for rotis, it can also be served as a one-dish meal as it features a wholesome gravy with turai and sweet corn, topped with pieces of protein-rich dhoklas.
- Drain the green moong dal, add the green chillies and 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl add the salt and asafoetida and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 1 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease a 100 mm. (6”) thali with a little oil and pour the prepared batter into it.
- Steam in a steamer for 7 minutes.
- Remove, allow it cool a little and cut into equal sized squares. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, ¾ cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add the turai, soda-bi-carb, salt and the sweet corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paste and the masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the dhokla pieces, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.