Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6841 times
This is fiber reach food and very good for sick and those who suffer from constipation.
- Wash the moong dal and soak for half-hour before cooking.
- Wash the broken wheat and mix with the moong dal and put it into a pressure-cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Heat the ghee add the cumin seeds, when the seeds crackle pour this tempering on th broken wheat and moong dal mixture.
- Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistle.
- After 2 whistle put the gas on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnish with chopped coriader.
This recipe was contributed by gulabi on 08 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.