5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18904 times
A sweet and tangy date chutney is prepared by blending soaked dates or khajur with jaggery and spices. This delicious dates chutney can be served with dhoklas, fried snacks or even as topping for chaats.
- De-seed the dates, wash and blend in a mixer along with green chilies, ginger, 1/8 cup coriander leaves and cumin seeds till smooth.
- Add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, sugar, salt and tamarind pulp and blend again till smooth.
- Add the remaining coriander and mix well. Transfer in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in small pan and add the asafoetida.
- Pour this to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 28 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.