Dal Yellow Dhokla
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22713 times
Get ready to enjoy the popular gujarati snack, dal yellow dhokla, prepared from a gram flour-curd based batter with coriander chutney. The yellow dal or besan batter is steamed, cut into squares and seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut. The spongy and delicious dal yellow dhokla recipe is not only soft and easy to prepare but also healthy.
- Soak the dal and rice in enough water overnight.
- Drain and blend in a mixer with the curds till smooth.
- Cover and keep aside for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add the red chiili powder, salt and jaggery and mix well.
- Grease a thali with oil and baking soda and pour the batter on it.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- Cut into desired pieces and keep aside.
- For he tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chilli and asafoetida.
- Add the dhokla pieces and toss gently for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by audoshi on 27 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.