by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85699 times
It may have originated from the royal kitchens, but this one’s a delight to make in the kitchen as well as relish. Toovar and chana dals are pressure cooked with lauki, tomatoes and turmeric and mixed well, before a tadka of garlic, ginger and jeera is added to it. Delicious!
- Clean, wash and soak the dals for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the tomatoes, bottle gourd, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Whisk the dals and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green chillies, ginger and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the whisked dal mixture and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||166.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||39.4 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.