Dal Amritsari Video
Viewed 309 times
Dal Amritsari, as the name suggests is a dal from the city of Amritsar in North India. Prepared with whole black lentils or whole urad, this dal is ready in a jiffy when cooked in a pressure cooker, without compromising on the taste.
Recipe Description for Dal Amritsari
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal and chana dal in enough water for 1 hour.
- Drain well using a strainer.
- In a pressure cooker, add the soaked dal, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water.
- Mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the ginger, green chillies and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked dal and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the dal amritsari hot garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Dal Amritsari Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.