Dahiwali Roti by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 393 times
A soup-style breakfast that you can prepare from leftover chapatis, Dahiwali Roti is flavourful yet easy to prepare.
You will surely enjoy the refreshing flavour of buttermilk, balanced well with jaggery, spice powders and an aromatic tempering.
Recipe Description for Dahiwali Roti
- Combine the curds with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the chapati pieces and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the curd-water mixture, turmeric powder, jaggery, chilli powder and salt.
- Switch on the flame, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.