Dahiwali Moong Dal Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41816 times
No time to prepare khichdi and kadhi? Here is a delicious recipe that combines the goodness of both in one bowl. Made with rice, yellow moong dal and curds, along with everyday spices, the Dahiwali Moong Dal Khichdi has the lingering flavour of curds and an inherent simplicity and lightness that make it very appealing. It makes a soothing yet refreshing meal when served with sweet and tangy onion-tomato kachumber.
- Combine the rice, yellow moong dal, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, green chilli paste and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well, add the rice, moong dal mixture and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the rice-moong dal-curds mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with onion-tomato kachumber.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.