Curd Rice/ South Indian Curd Rice Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 12715 times
Curd rice is close to every South Indian's heart, especially for the Brahmins, who would not hesitate to admit that it is ambrosia for them. Serve a south Indian a hearty meal, but he or she is unlikely to be appeased unless the meal is suitably concluded with curd rice, which has a soothing effect, balancing the effect of other spicy dishes!
Recipe Description for Curd Rice, South Indian Curd Rice Recipe
- Combine the rice and 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mash it lightly using a potato masher.
- Add the curds and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tempering to the prepared curd-rice mixture and mix well.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve the curd rice immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
See step by step images of Curd Rice, South Indian Curd Rice Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.