Creamy Potato Wedges
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12162 times
A flavourful preparation of potato wedges boosted with sautéed onions, chilli flakes and mixed herbs, enhanced in a rather unique way with a generous dose of fresh cream, and of course, a luscious garnish of grated cheese. The success of Creamy Potato Wedges lies in boiling the potatoes properly, to the right consistency, as explained in the handy tip.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the potato slices, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and then boil them in boiling water with little salt till they are 80% cooked. Drain, allow to cool and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||249.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.