5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11898 times
Upma, the all-time favourite breakfast dish, comes to your table with a totally unexpected twist!
This is an innovative version of the classic dish, made with crushed sweet corn kernels and beaten rice. The richness of corn is evident in every mouthful of this upma, which strikes the right chord with young and old alike.
Curd and lemon juice give the Corn Upma a pleasant tanginess while green chillies give it a nice spicy touch.
You can also try similar recipes like Oat Upma or Sevaiyan Upma
- Combine the curds and ½ cup water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the beaten rice and dry roast it on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the beaten rice to a plate and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, asafoetida, urad dal and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, turmeric powder and green chilli paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the roasted beaten rice, coriander, curd-water mixture, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.