Corn Seekh Kebab
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55780 times
Seekh kebabs are known to be traditionally non-vegetarian preparations. Here is a wonderful vegetarian recipe of a seekh kebab made with grated sweet corn and mashed potatoes. To obtain firmer and better-textured kebabs it is advisable to steam the potatoes. Butter is combined with chilli powder for brushing the kebabs while grilling thus adding great taste.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the ghee, in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the prepared mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and divide it into 4 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the mixture on it with your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4") long kebab.
- Brush each kebab with ½ teaspoon of butter.
- Cook the kebabs (approx. 3 to 4 minutes) over a charcoal or electric barbeque till they are evenly browned on all sides.
- Cut each kebab into 3 pieces and serve hot with phudina chutney and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||27.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.