Corn in Coconut Curry, Makai Nariyal Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23783 times
Corn in coconut curry is a luscious gravy that features coconut all through the preparation! It is made using a rich paste of fresh coconut spiced up with onion, coriander, ginger and such flavourful ingredients, along with soothing coconut milk and cooked corn.
A bouquet of fresh spices imparts a ravishing aroma and flavour to the whole preparation. Serve hot with Rotis or rice .
- Combine the sweet corn roundels, enough water and salt in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Allow the steam to escape, before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the coconut milk, cornflour and 1 cup of water, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the boiled corn roundels, coconut milk-water mixture and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.