Corn Dosa by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 406 times
You would have tried dosas and rotis of maize flour but have you ever tried making a dosa with fresh sweet corn kernels?
With a small amount of besan for binding, and green chillies and coriander for flavour, juicy sweet corn kernels make scrumptious dosas that are of a perfect colour and texture.
Recipe Description for Corn Dosa
- Blend the sweet corn kernels in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the sweet corn mixture into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients along with approx. ¼ cup of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and move the spoon in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) round dosa.
- Smear a little oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney or green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.