Corn and Potato Fritters
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44956 times
Unlike most savouries, which combine corn with boiled potatoes, here the potatoes are used in grated form, so you can see golden coloured slivers of crispy potatoes and tiny corn kernels all over the deep-fried snack. This gives the Corn and Potato Fritters an irresistible appearance, while grated onions and chilli sauce give it a tantalising flavour. Make sure you fry the fritters as soon as the ingredients are mixed; otherwise the batter will release water. This will make the fritters to become soggy and disintegrate while frying.
- Squeeze and drain the liquid from the grated potato and put in a deep bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and drop spoonfuls of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make more fritters.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values per fritter
|Vitamin A||10.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.2 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.