Colorado Mexican Rice
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11634 times
Discover the superb taste of Colorado Mexican rice, a rice recipe which has been flavored with a blend of pureed roasted vegetables and stir fried with peas, carrots, and tomatoes. Melted cheese as topping simply finishes off this irrestible dish in a true culinary delight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees f (230 degrees c). lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan, and stir in rice. reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place tomato halves, onion, and garlic in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. stirring occasionally, roast 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until evenly browned. remove from heat, and allow to cool completely. puree the roasted vegetables in a blender or food processor.
- Drain any remaining liquid from rice.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. stir in serrano chili, and cook until tender.
- Place rice, pureed vegetables, peas, carrots, potato, and sour cream in the skillet.
- Season with cilantro and salt. cook and stir until all vegetables are tender and rice is browned.
- Mix in manchego cheese to melt before serving.
This recipe was contributed by co0kie78 on 27 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.