Coconut Pulao by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1258 times
A traditional recipe from goa, the coconut pulao is characteristic of the cuisine of the west coast where coconuts and cashews are used abundantly.
Recipe Description for Coconut Pulao
- Heat the oil and butter in a pressure cooker, add the onion, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, coconut milk, cashewnuts, 1½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with the coconut and coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.