Coconut Barfi By veer
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6028 times
Quick and easy coconut burfi recipe at tarladalal.com. The burfi is cooked with desiccated coconut, condensed milk, sugar and crushed dry fruits and makes for a lovely dessert recipe for festivals..
- Mix grated coconut - 1 cup and sugar - 1 cup and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat this in a pan, stirring constantly at low heat.
- When it about to get over, add 2 spoons of ghee and stir well.
- Add a tsp of cardomom powder to this and mix.
- Take a large plate and rinse its surface with ghee.
- Pour the cooked mixture over the ghee-rinsed plate and allow it to cool for about 3 minutes until the mixture becomes semi-solid.
- Now cut it into square pieces and serve.
- Store in tight container.
This recipe was contributed by veer on 23 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.