This recipe has been viewed 16728 times
Red/ brown rice takes a long cooking time, hence its cooking can be started first, while you prepare the chutney.
- Clean and wash rice, add to boiling water to cook until soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a kadhai, add the coconut and saute till it turns into light brown.
- Cool, add red chilli, tamarind puree and salt, mix well and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the turmeric, grounded paste, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add this to the cooked rice.
- Serve hot on banana leaves.
- Best served with raitas, pickles or fried vegetables.
This recipe was contributed by ssuzz on 24 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.