Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 9942 times
Chundal is a appealing lentil recipe with chana dals boiled and cooked with select spices and scrapped coconut. Serve with boiled rice as meal.
- Soak the kala chana in enough water for 8-10 hours.
- Drain and pressure cook the with little salt for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and saute till it turns brown.
- Add the red chillies and asafoetida and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked channa, without the cooked water and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the coconut and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by kanindu on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.