Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6619 times
Add cholia paste, sugar, ghee and milk to prepare the tasty Cholia halwa. Sprinkle the cardamom powder over the hala and enjoy as desset or a sweet healthy snack.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cholia paste.
- Stir over a gentle flame until mixture reduces and ghee separates.
- Add sugar, milk and cardamom to the pan.
- Simmer till liquid evaporates.
- Serve decorated with dried fruit, cream and khoya.
- For thandai, roast spices lightly on a tawa. soak all ingredients except milk in enough water to cover.
- Set aside for two hours. grind into a paste.
- Mix with milk.
- Strain liquid through muslin.
- Decorate with rose petals and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.