Chocolate Velvet Pudding
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48637 times
This elegant creamy dessert is inexpensive and easy to make.
- Cut the sponge cake into thin slices and arrange at the bottom of a dish.
- Make a syrup by mixing 1/2 teacup of water very well with the powdered sugar. If you like, add rum to the syrup.
- Sprinkle a little syrup over the cake slices and allow to soak. Repeat after 10 minutes. Be sure that the cake slices are moist.
- Mix the custard powder in 1/2 teacup of cold milk.
- Put the rest of the milk to boil with the sugar. When the milk starts boiling, add the custard powder gradually and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix the gelatine, cocoa and 300 ml. of cold water and warm on a slow flame until the gelatine dissolves. Remove from the fire.
- Add the gelatine solution to the custard mixture and mix well.
- Put the vessel containing this mixture in a larger vessel filled with ice-cubes and go on stirring all the time.
- When the mixture gets slightly thicker, add the cream. Go on stirring over the ice for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour over the cake adn put to set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- When set, decorate with sweetened cream and chopped walnuts.
- Serve cold.
- Note : If you are having a party, decorate with pineapple slices and cherries and grated chocolate.
- VARIATION : CHOCOLATE VELVET PUDDING (EGGLESS)
- Proceed as above eggless sponge cake instead of fatless sponge cake.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.