Chocolate Truffle Cake by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1781 times
This recipe will give you the satisfaction of preparing a grand dessert all by yourself, right from start to end... from sponge to decoration! At the heart of this Chocolate Truffle Cake is a richly flavoured chocolate sponge with a hint of coffee flavour. This is sandwiched and coated with a creamy chocolate ganache, and topped with juicy chocolate-coated strawberries.
Recipe Description for Chocolate Truffle Cake, Cake Recipe, Eggless Chocolate Dessert
- Combine the instant coffee powder and ¼ cup of warm water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine the curds, oil and coffee-water mixture in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the curd mixture and 2 tbsp of water and fold gently using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin lined with butter paper and dusted with plain flour.
- Tap it slightly to even out the mixture.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 40 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat the fresh cream in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the chocolate, wait for 2 minutes.
- Mix very well using a flat spoon, till the mixture is smooth.
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- Line a tray with butter paper and keep aside.
- Pour the melted chocolate in the piping bag, cut the tip of the bag (as per the thickness required)
- Pipe out different shapes and design, as per you likings on the butter paper.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes or till it sets.
- Peel it off the butter paper and refrigerate till use.
- Demould the cake on a flat surface and cut into two equal parts horizontally.
- Sprinkle a little the sugar syrup on the inner side of both the cake halves.
- Spread little chocolate ganache on the lower half and spread it evenly using a palette knife.
- Sandwich with the other halve of the cake, with the soaked part facing upwards and press it lightly.
- Spread the remaining ganache evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife, to cover the cake.
- Decorate the strawberry slices on the sides, place the chocolate coated strawberries over the cake and finally place the prepared chocolate decoration over it.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate till use.
- To make the sugar syrup, combine ? cup of sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.