Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28957 times
Samosas for dessert. . . . Made with chocolate filling and served with cappuccino cream sauce
- Sieve maida. Rub ghee into it and knead into a stiff dough using water as required. Keep covered with a damp cloth.
- Mix grated chocolate and fresh cream and keep chilled in a refrigerator.
- Divide dough into sixteen equal sized portions and roll out into oval shapes. Cut into half, fold into a cone and fill with chocolate stuffing. Seal and refrigerate.
- To make cappuccino sauce, whisk egg yolk with sugar till fluffy.
- Pour fresh cream into a pan and heat it gently. As it begins to boil, stir it into the egg mixture. Pour this back into the pan and cook on low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add instant coffee powder and continue to cook till sauce coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and strain. Let cool and place in freezer to chill completely.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep fry samosas on medium heat till golden and crisp. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Serve samosas with cappuccino cream sauce garnished with pomegranate seeds.
- Note: this can be made using readymade samosa strips (samosa patti). Dampen slightly and place a portion of stuffing and fold into a samosa shape.
This recipe was contributed by preekar on 12 Feb 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.