Chitranna Rice Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 505 times
Chitranna is a very popular South Indian recipe, which is considered very auspicious and made on festival days as an offering to God. People don’t mind standing in long queues to get their share of Chitranna prasad at temples. Owing to the ease of making it and the convenience of being a one-dish meal, Chitranna Rice is a popular choice for packed lunches too.
Recipe Description for Chitranna Rice ( South Indian Recipes )
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and raw peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry red chillies and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, asafetida and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, lemon juice and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, finally add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.