Chinese Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29993 times
Hot garlic sauce is, undeniably, an important part of Chinese cuisine. It is indeed quite versatile and lends itself to a wide variety of dishes. Here is one such recipe comprising sautéed vegetables, in a base of tomato puree thickened with corn flour. As the name suggests, hot garlic sauce is made using lots of garlic, ginger and green chillies.
This recipe too is full of bountiful vegetables – in fact, I have consciously planned most recipes using lots of veggies as these are very beneficial for diabetics and provide a holistic health boost. What is more, I have used only 2 tsp of oil, so you can set those overworked nerves to rest! You can relish this dish as it is or with cooked kodri or boiled rice noodles and perhaps once in a while with rice too.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a non-stick kadhai, add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté over a high flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cauliflower, capsicum, baby corn and french beans, mix well and sauté for over a medium flame 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, mix gently and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cornflour paste and salt, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes or till the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Vegetables In Hot Garlic Sauce Video By Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.