Chila Chaat by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2304 times
Ever thought of preparing a chaat out of traditional chilas? We have always known the thin gram flour pancake to be a sumptuous snack, but when chopped and topped with spring onions, peppy chutneys and crunchy sev, it transforms into an exciting Chila Chaat, which will satiate elders and throw youngsters into a frenzy.
Recipe Description for Chila Chaat
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix very well using a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using oil.
- Sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a high flame till the chila turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Flip over and cook on the other side as well.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more chilas.
- Cut each chila into 1” square pieces and keep aside.
- Combine the chila pieces, spring onions, khajur imli ki chutney, green chutney and sev in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.