Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 348 times
Think about all the masaledar things you know – and you will find them in this sandwich. The Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich, which is the most popular cheese sandwich sold on the streets of Mumbai, is what one would call ‘fully loaded’!
Recipe Description for Cheese Masala Toast Sandwich, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface. Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Spread ½ tsp of green chutney on each buttered bread slice.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on a buttered-chutney bread slice and spread it evenly. Arrange 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, 2 cucumber slices, 1 capsicum slice and ¼ tsp of sandwich masala evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly. Spread ¼ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Place the sandwich in a greased sandwich toaster and cook on a medium flame, till it turns brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces, place it on a plate and apply ½ tsp of butter and ½ tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 8 to make 4 more toasts.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.