Cheese Cookies by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1035 times
Cheese has a way of magically attracting most kids, and such cheese-loving kids will thoroughly enjoy these zesty Cheese Cookies! Grate the cheese well so that it will mix well with the dough and create lots of exciting, cheesy pockets in the cookies when it melts while baking.
Recipe Description for Cheese Cookies
- Beat the butter in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the cheese, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and knead into a semi-stiff dough without using water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, cover with a lid and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut into 8 small rounds of approx. 37 mm. (1½”) in diameter with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Scrape off the dough remaining after cutting the cookie rounds and continue making more cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an air tight container or pack in a tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.