Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4151 times
Cheese tikki is an innovative tikki or cutlet recipe with grated cheese cubes and cheese slices mixed with an array of vegetables and dried spices.
- Boil whole raw bananas in sufficient water for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Cool, peel and grate the bananas and keep aside.
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and saute till it starts turning brown.
- Add the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies, mix well and saute for half a minute.
- Add the carrots and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, cool and mix the cooked masala with the mashed raw banana.
- Add salt, chilli powder, amchur, lemon juice, mint leaves and mix well. Keep aside.
- Wash raisins and roughly chop them with seedless dates. Grind roasted peanuts to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Divide this mixture into 12 equal portions and stuff a portion of the date and raisin mixture into each portion of raw banana mixture.
- Wet your palm and form this mixture into a tikki of not more than 1/2" thickness.
- Coat the tikkis with coarse peanut powder, pressing them lightly with your palms.
- Heat a non-stick tava and place the peanut coated tikkis. Cook on medium flame till the crust is crisp and nicely browned.
- Serve immediately with a tangy sauce of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by sandhyan on 23 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.