Chapatis Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2551 times
One of the most famous and versatile of Indian dishes, the Chapati is a favourite with kids and adults alike. Whether they like to have it with subzi and dal, rolled up with grated veggies and cheese, or with a layer of jam, the Chapati is much-loved by kids. Ensure that you make it with good quality whole wheat flour so it is healthy and satiating for your kids.
Recipe Description for Chapatis
- To make the chapatis, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the chapati gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the chapati and press all over lightly using a muslin cloth till it puffs up.
- Apply ¼ tsp oil on both the sides and cook for few more seconds.
- Serve the chapati immediately.
See step by step images of Chapatis Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.