Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29715 times
Prepare the best tasting channa dal or bengal gram preparation with this simple and delicious channa dal recipe. The channa dal is best paired with paratha or rice
- Heat the ghee in pan, add the onions, garlic and ginger and saute for 3-4 min.
- Add the cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, chilli, cinnamon, salt and turmeric, mix well and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chana dal and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mash them lightly with spoon.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for about 40 minutes, stirring until most of the liquid have been absorbed.
- Add the garam masala and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by glorimarpr on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.