Chana Dal Bhajiya by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 230 times
Instead of using besan, this unusual bhajiya is made with a mixture of soaked and ground chana dal flavoured with crunchy onions, pungent garlic, fiery green chillies, peppy ginger and aromatic coriander leaves.
Recipe Description for Chana Dal Bhajiya
Soaking time: 1 hour
Makes 4 servings
- Combine the chana dal and enough hot water in a deep bowl and soak for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Combine the chana dal, coriander, green chillies, garlic and ginger in a mixer without using any water and blend to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients along with 1 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop spoonfuls of the mixture in the oil and deep-fry a few at a time till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.