Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4581 times
Add your private note
Chakali recipe - How to make Chakali
Cooking Time: Total Time:
• 1 cup besan(gram flour)
• ½ cup wheat flour
• ¼ cup jawar flour
• ¼ cup corn flour
• ½ cup moong daal
• 1 cup fresh coriander(chopped)
• ½ cup curry leaves(chopped)
• 2 tsp green chilly paste
• salt to taste
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• 2 tsp cumin seed
• pinch of baking soda
- 1. pressure cook moong daal, don’t drain water from it.
- 2. mix together all flours, salt, chilly paste, baking soda, turmeric powder.
- 3. heat a pan with 4tsp oil.add curry leaves & cumin seeds. once splutter remove it from fire.
- 4. pour the cooked daal & oil in the mixture.
- 5. mix it well & make soft dough of it.
- 6. using chakali maker make chakali & fry them.
- 7. this light green colored chakali has a very different taste.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#435926 on 17 Jan 2009
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.