Carrot Cake (Healthy Snacks for Kids) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 14689 times
Older children enjoy cake as an occasional treat but plain sponge cakes can be a little boring for them. Carrots have been added as they add variety and also provide substantial amounts of vitamin a and fibre. Cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and jaggery impart delicious flavours to this cake. This cake is really a great tiffin box item that your baby will enjoy during play time.
Recipe Description for Carrot Cake , Healthy Snack for Kids
- Sieve the whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Combine the butter, jaggery and milk in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Combine the butter mixture, flour mixture and grated carrots in a deep bowl and mix well with the help of a spatula.
- Grease a 175mm. (7”) diameter cake tin with melted butter and dust it with whole wheat flour and pour the prepared mixture into it and soread it evenly using a spatula.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- Demould and cut into pieces and serve or store in an air-tight container.
See step by step images of Carrot Cake , Healthy Snack for Kids Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.