Carrot and Moong Dal Soup (Heart-friendly and Low Cholesterol Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10506 times
This interesting variation makes a great change for your palate. It works effortlessly with onions, garlic and tomatoes in it. The low-fat milk in the soup does not add cholesterol to the diet. The protein in the low-fat milk complements the protein in the lentils, thus making this a nourishing combination.
Recipe Description for Carrot and Moong Dal Soup
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the peppercorns, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green moong dal and 4 cups of water and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or till the carrots are tender.
- Keep aside to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back into the deep non-stick pan, add the milk, 1 cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Carrot and Moong Dal Soup Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.