Caramelized Onions and Cheese Panini by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 377 times
There is something unexplainably awesome about caramelized onions. Whether it is its nice pinkish hue, the strong aroma or its unique sweet and spicy taste, we don’t know, but it never fails to please anyone.
In this yummy snack, we have made a Panini using caramelized onions and cheese, with a little jalapenos for a juicy spicy touch.
Recipe Description for Caramelized Onions and Cheese Panini
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife and apply 1 tsp of butter on each halve.
- Put half the mixture of caramelized onions , 1 tsp of jalapenos and 2 tsp of grated processed cheese on the lower halve of a bread roll.
- Close the bread roll and brush ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes or till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more panini.
- Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Caramelized Onions and Cheese Panini Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.