How many calories does one serving of Tofu and Sprouts Subzi have?
One serving of Tofu and Sprouts Subzi gives 99 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 34 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 48 calories. One serving of Tofu and Sprouts Subzi provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Tofu and Sprouts Subzi recipe. Yin and yang. Black and white. Life always becomes more interesting when opposites come together! in this recipe, the crunchiness of sprouts and the softness of tofu come together in one bowl to steal your heart!this dish is easy to make but absolutely delicious!you can use a combination of sprouts or a single one Its your choice.
Is Tofu and Sprouts Subzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
2. Sprouts ( mixed sprouts) : Sprouts contain enzymes that aid digestion and are alkaline in nature. Sprouting increases the availability of proteins. For example, on sprouting, the protein content of moong increases by 30%. On sprouting, the seed becomes a veritable nutrient factory with a greater concentration of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and B-complex. Sprouts are a good source of fibre , good for diabetic and heart friendly. See detailed health benefits of sprouts.
3. Coconut Milk : Recent research says that not eating enough fat can actually make fat. But you need to choose the type of fat correctly. And the answer is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) – which goes directly to the liver and does not get stored as fat in body. Coconut milk contains some amount of potassium which is beneficial for those with high blood pressure.The lauric acid present in coconut milk has a positive effect on cholesterol levels improves heart health too. Read detailed benefits of coconut milk.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
5. Tofu : Tofu is an excallent source of protein for vegetarains and contains all the 9 essential amino acids. Tofu may reduce risk of some cancers and reduce the risk of diabetes. It is also good for brain health and bones. Those with thyroid issues it is suggested not to have tofu.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT in limited quantity as there is lots of debate about the benefits of tofu.
Can healthy individuals have ?
Yes, but in limited quantity.
How to burn 99 calories that come from Tofu and Sprouts Subzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 30 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 13 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 17 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.