How many calories does one serving of Tangy Green Moong Dal have?
One serving of Tangy Green Moong Dal gives 230 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 133 calories, proteins account for 52 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 45 calories. One serving of Tangy Green Moong Dal provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Tangy Green Moong Dal recipe.
Is Tangy Green Moong Dal healthy?
Tangy Green Moong Dal is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 230 calories that come from one serving of Tangy Green Moong Dal?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 9 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 23 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 39 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.