How many calories does one roll of Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce have?
One roll of Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce gives 330 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 238 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 85 calories. One roll of Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce provides about 16 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view.Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce recipe. A dish that traces its roots back to Vietnamese cuisine, the Rice Wrapper Rolls with Sweet Sauce features a rich stuffing of shredded vegetables, noodles and sprouts, flavoured aptly with soy sauce. If you wish, you can mix in some chopped mushroom too. These scrumptious rolls are further enhanced by arranging them on a sizzler plate, and topping them with tongue-tickling sweet sauce made of Schezuan sauce and other ingredients. Since we have made this recipe with readymade rice wrappers, it is quite convenient to prepare, but offers a much more exotic alternative to spring rolls!
Is Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
4. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
5. Bean Sprouts Benefits : Bean Sprouts are one of the most complete and nutritional of all the foods that exist. With lots of dietary fiber to their credit, beans sprouts add bulk too stools and makes the passage of stools through the digestive tract easier. This helps to avoid constipation. With significant amounts of iron, beans sprouts help to maintain the red blood cell (RBC) count. A good RBC count means no sign of anaemia. Bean sprouts are a boon for heartpatients. They help maintain cholesterol levels and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of bean sprouts in bean sprouts glossary.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
2. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
3. Plain flour (maida) : Noodles are made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. Noodles are made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Can healthy individuals have Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce?
Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 330 calories that come from Rice Wrapper Vegetable Rolls with Sweet Sauce?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 39 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 33 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 44 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 57 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.