How many calories does one serving of Oats Roti have?
One serving of Oats Roti gives 77 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 49 calories, proteins account for 9 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 21 calories. One serving of Oats Roti provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See oats roti recipe. oats roti recipe | oats chapatti | oats roti for weight loss | healthy oats roti | with 19 amazing images.
Oats roti is an easy simple recipe to make. To whole wheat flour we add oats, onions, green chillies and coriander to make the dough for oats chapatti. Then the oats chapatti is cooked on a non stick tava.
What makes the oats roti healthy? 4 key ingredients. Oats, whole wheat flour, onions and peanut oil.
Oats are a rich source of soluble fibre 'beta-glucan', which is a potent cholesterol-lowering agent. These are also said to be one of the best friend of your heart, as they promote production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lower total cholesterol in the body.
Here the flour used in oats roti is whole wheat flour which is high in fibre count than refined flour, to which onions have been added.
We suggest the use of peanut oil to cook these oats rotis, as the MUFA content in this oil helps to reduce inflammation in the arteries and thus protect the heart.
Serve these healthy oats rotis immediately to enjoy their texture. For a really healthy treat pair the Oats Roti with fresh fresh Low Fat Curds , a cholesterol-friendly subzi like Carrot Methi ki Subzi or healthyKanch Moong Dal.
5 Reasons to eat Oats Roti.
Oats roti is made from a combination of 1 cup healthy whole wheat four and 1/2 cup rolled oats. See below why oats roti is very good for you.
1. Being low in calories these rotis are good for persons on low calorie diet and weight-watchers.
2. Oats rotis are excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levles as they are a low GI food.
3. An excellent Antioxidant that whole wheat flour has is Vitamin B1, which will fight against free radicals that do damage to the body. See here for detailed benefits of whole wheat flour.
4. We have used 1 teasponns of oil while kneading the dough for 10 servings of roti. Smearing ghee will only take about 1 gram of oil per roti.
5. Oats are protein rich and and rich in soulble fiber makeing a great option for heart patients. See here for benefits of oats.
Pair your oats roti with some healthy subzis and healthy dals to make healthful meal.
Suva Palak Methi Subzi
What is a healthy accompaniment to this roti?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or a cucumber and pudina raita.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Enjoy this roti and not worry about putting on weight. Stay lean and happy.
Oats rotis are safe for
1. Weight loss
3. Heart Patients
4. Healthy lifestlye
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 77 calories that come from one Oats Roti?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.