How many calories does one serving of Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad have?
One serving of Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad gives 380 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 153 calories, proteins account for 66 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 99 calories. One serving of Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad provides about 19 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad recipe. Get set for an exhilarating medley of colours, flavours and textures! Your meal gets healthier when you bring more colours to the table as colourful veggies are loaded with antioxidants. That’s just what’s been done in this awesome Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad.The fact that the veggies are sautéed in healthy, omega-3 rich olive oil adds to its goodness! Adding low-fat, protein-rich whole masoor to the salad makes it more mealy – you can even increase the amount of masoor in the salad if you wish.
Is Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Masoor Dal (split red lentils), Whole Massor : 1 cup off cooked Masoor dal gives 19 grams of protein. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones. Whole Masoor or masoor dal is rich in Folate, Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Masoor dal is is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. See detailed 10 health benefits of masoor dal.
2. Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beet juice. Beat Diabetes with Low Glycemic Load Beet. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
3. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
4. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
5. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT you want to cut the fat content a bit in this recipe and have a small portion as this salad is a meal by itself. Masoor dal is is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body.
Can healthy individuals have Masoor, Beets, Zucchini,Peppers Lunch Salad?
Yes, this is healthy.
Masoor, Beets, Zucchini, Peppers Lunch Salad is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
7. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
8. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
9. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 380 calories that come from Masoor, Beets, Zucchini,Peppers Lunch Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 54 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 38 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 51 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1hr 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.