How many calories does one tbsp Homemade Almond Butter have?
One tbsp Homemade Almond Butter gives 103 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 6 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 85 calories. One tbsp Homemade Almond Butter provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Homemade Almond Butter recipe. Homemade Almond Butter is totally awesome, a tantalising treat with a very unique flavour and interesting mouth-feel! Actually, it is something that must be experienced and not described! When you think almonds, you expect a nutty flavour, but this Homemade Almond Butter gives you a better flavour than you bargain for, because the nuts are roasted before blending. A dash of coconut oil further improves the flavour of this butter, apart from boosting its health benefits.
Almond butter is a great source of Protein, while coconut gives you healthy fatty acids of medium chain triglycerides. It is always better to make your almond butter at home as store-bought almond butter contains loads of sugar and hydrogenated vegetable fats, which are not good for you. And to think you get all this goodness at probably half the price of the unhealthy market butter! You don’t need to buy big, expensive almonds to make butter, as you are anyway going to blend it.
The only thing is that you need a bit of patience, as you have to blend the almonds gradually, switching off the knob after every half a minute. Otherwise, your mixer might heat up. Store your almond butter in a glass jar with a lid and it should stay good for 25 days in the fridge. You can also store the almond butter in a jar at room temperature and it stays good for 15 days. But note that if you put the butter in the fridge, then you must store it there always. When you are hungry, treat yourself to 1 tbsp of almond butter. It is a wise snack even for weight-watchers as it has the correct fats to keep you full for a longer time.
Is Homemade Almond Butter healthy?
If you have the right recipe, then Almond Butter is super healthy. It is made of 2 ingredients, Almonds + Coocnut Oil. Its basically 99% pure Almonds. The coocnut oil is a medium chain tryglyceride (MCT) and deliberately added to this butter. Coconut is good for your heart and directly gets digested into your body. We have not added an ounce of sugar to this recipe and most store bought Almond Butter has sugar and vegetable oil added.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Almonds (badam) : Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
2. Coconut Oil : Coconut oil is a medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s). Unlike other fats, they go directly from the gut to the liver. From here, they are then used as a source of energy or converted into ketones. As the calories in MCT’s are used straight away, they are less likely to be stored as fats in the body. MCT's have shown to improve your brain and memory function, they also give a boost to your energy levels and improve your endurance. The MCT in Coconut oil reduces the LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) while increasing the count of HDL cholesterol, maintaining normal blood pressure and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of coconut oil.
This butter is also a super healthy snack to have often during the day. Also we recommend trying Homemade Peanut Butter.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Homemade Almond Butter?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development.
Can healthy individuals have Homemade Almond Butter?
Yes. Coconut oil is a medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s). Unlike other fats, they go directly from the gut to the liver. From here, they are then used as a source of energy or converted into ketones. Use this almond butter as a healthy snack.
Homemade Almond Butter is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks in limited quantity
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Homemade Almond Butter is high in
1. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 103 calories that come from Homemade Almond Butter?
Walking (6 kmph) = 31 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 10 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 14 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 18 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.