How many calories does one Groundnut Tikkis have?
One Groundnut Tikkis gives 128 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 48 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 64 calories. One Groundnut Tikkis provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Groundnut Tikkis recipe. Here is a unique tikki made with crunchy peanuts and vibrant spinach held together by whole wheat flour and besan. This tasty snack is loaded with vitamin B3, which is required for producing and utilising energy from the food that you eat. With just a dash of lemon juice and green chillies to complement the rustic flavour of peanuts, this simple but scrumptious Groundnut Tikki is sure to sweep you off your feet with its awesome taste and texture.
Is Groundnut Tikkis healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Peanuts : Peanuts contain Vitamin B1, Thiamine which helps form ATP (Adenosine triphosphate) which body uses for energy. A handful of peanuts gives you 7.3 grams of Protein. Peanuts, Almonds, Walnuts and Cashews are rich in Protein and healthy monounsaturated fats which won’t spike your blood sugar levels and good for a diabetic snack and healthy heart snack. Eating a handful of Peanuts a day is said to increase the good cholesterol (HDL) in your body which is good for heart health. Read 11 amazing benefits of peanuts.
2. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
3. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
4. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
What's the problem?
Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Groundnut Tikkis?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. BUT cut the oil content in the recipe and use peanut oil instead. Peanuts, Almonds, Walnuts and Cashews are rich in Protein and healthy monounsaturated fats which won’t spike your blood sugar levels and good for a diabetic snack and healthy heart snack. Eating a handful of Peanuts a day is said to increase the good cholesterol (HDL) in your body which is good for heart health.
Healthy Chutney to have with Tikkis
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander, lehsun ka chutney, green garlic chutney or green chutney recipe. Coconut based options are healthy coconut chutney made from coconut and coriander and coconut coriander green chutney for idlis dosa uttapam vada.
Green Chutney, How To Make Green Chutney Recipe
Can healthy individuals have Groundnut Tikkis?
Groundnut Tikkis is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 128 calories that come from Groundnut Tikkis?
Walking (6 kmph) = 38 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 13 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 17 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 22 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.