How many calories does one serving of Gatte ki Subzi have?
One serving of Gatte ki Subzi gives 385 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 103 calories, proteins account for 46 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 213 calories. One serving of Gatte ki Subzi provides about 19 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Gatte ki Subzi recipe. Gram flour dumplings flavoured with dry spices, steamed and then dunked into a yoghurt based curry is a traditional Rajasthani speciality. Enjoy this dish either with puris or steamed rice.
Is Gatte ki Subzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy but diabetics have to be careful. Made from essentially besan, curds, oil and spices.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and WBC’s in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Gatte ki Subzi ?
Yes, BUT with some changes. Replace curd with low fat curds and cut the quantity of oil used in the recipe by half. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too.
Can healthy individuals have Gatte ki Subzi?
Yes, this is healthy and almost a meal by itself.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Gatte ki Subzi is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 385 calories that come from one serving of Gatte ki Subzi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 56 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 39 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 51 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 6 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.