How many calories does one serving of Fada ni Khichdi have?
One serving of Fada ni Khichdi gives 117 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 93 calories, proteins account for 19 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 5 calories. One serving of Fada ni Khichdi provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Fada ni Khichdi recipe. We have replaced rice with broken wheat and added veggies and dal to make the combo healthier and more tasty too. Broken wheat provides calcium, folic acid, fibre, ironand other nutrients. Being rich in fibre, broken wheat is also a good option for weight-watchers.
Is Fada ni Khichdi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Dalia ( Broken Wheat, Bulgar Wheat) : High Fibre in dalia aids in managing Diabetes. The high fiber further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes. Strong Bones are the backbone of our body. We are aware that with age our bone mineral density decreases and we need a good dose of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium to maintain the health of our bones and dalia provides that. See here for detailed 8 amazing benefits of dalia.
2. Yellow Moong Dal : The fibre (4.1 g in ¼ cup) present in yellow moong dal prevents the deposition of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the arteries which promotes a healthy heart in turn. Packed with nutrients like zinc (1.4 mg), protein (12.2 mg) and iron (1.95 mg), yellow moong dal helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin and help to keep it moist. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly. See here for details of 7 amazing benefits of yellow moong dal.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Fada ni Khichdi ?
Yes, but control portion size. High Fibre in dalia aids in managing Diabetes and further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes. Fiber, potassium and magnesium from yellow moong dal will work together to regulate blood pressure and soothe the nerves and is diabetic friendly.
Can healthy individuals have Fada ni Khichdi ?
Yes. We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or or a low fat cucumber raita.
Fada ni Khichdi is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss
3. Diabetic Khichdi portion control
4. Healthy Heart Khichdi
5. Pregnancy Iron Rich Foods
6. Kids high fibre
7. Low choleseterol rice, khichdi
8. Pregnancy Khichdi
9. Senior Citizens with Diabetes portion control
10. Senior citizen with heart and cholesterol issues
Fada ni Khichdi is high in
1.Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 117 calories that come from one serving of Fada ni Khichdi?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.