How many calories does one serving of Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe have?
One serving of Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe gives 48 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 12 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 34 calories. One serving of Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe. This recipe is a bit different from the usual salads , because it brings together two different ingredients.
While beetroot is often added as part of other salads, not many people think of it or of garlic as key salad ingredients. In this recipe, however, these are the stars!
Boiled beetroot cubes and crushed garlic are laced with lemon juice to make a wonderful salad, which is easy to make but tastes great.
Rich in fibre, the Beet and Garlic Salad helps improve bowel movements and helps lower blood cholesterol levels. Garlic and olive oil are also heart-friendly ingredients.
The beta cyanin in beet is a powerful antioxidant , which exhibits anti-cancer properties. Lemon juice, apart from giving the perfect tang, also contributes vitamin C to the recipe. Enjoy it fresh, immediately upon tossing.
Is Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beet juice. Beat Diabetes with Low Glycemic Load Beet. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
2. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
3. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
4. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other infections. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics.
Can healthy individuals have Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 48 calories that come from Beet and Garlic Salad Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 14 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 5 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 6 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 8 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.